Pages

Rapunzel, Rapunzel Let Down Your Hair… - How to Make Your Hair Grow Faster

Friday 15 August 2014

Ever since I cut my bum-length hair when I was 10, I have regretted it! (Apart from that weird phase when I thought a bob would look good on me *shudders*). I’m now 20 and I have tried EVERY possible way to make my hair grow, and I think it’s now at a pretty reasonable length! I’ll add some before and after pictures at the end!

I literally researched everything, watched countless YouTube videos, read articles and just experimented myself! So I thought I’d share my findings, because it’s a question I get asked quite regularly!

Okay, so my first tip is STOP USING HEAT! This might be easier said than done for me, because my hair is naturally straight so I don’t need to straighten it (can’t actually remember the last time I straightened my hair!), but even if your hair isn't straight, embrace your natural hair! I would actual killlllll for wavy/curly hair! I think using less heat definitely helped my hair because I’m no longer damaging it; I used to straighten it every day even if I didn't need to and it did me no good!

Second tip is don’t brush your hair as much. This might sound like a weird one, but try just using your fingers when drying your hair, or if you really MUST brush your hair, use a wide-toothed comb, because this will minimise tugging your hair!

Third tip is to wash your hair less! This is well-known, but I seriously live by it! I used to wash my hair every single day, and I wasn't letting the natural oils in my hair do their thaaang, but now I wash my hair every 2 days, sometimes every 3 days, just using dry shampoo in between!

I also used to take hair, nails and skin supplements that I got from Holland and Barrett; they tasted like fish but definitely did their job! My skin looked much better for it as well!


The thing that I think helped my hair the most is a product I found in Boots! It’s the Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment, “for hair that never grows past a certain length”. This is a miracle product! I genuinely believe in this product SO much! It made my hair stop falling out, it made it grow, and it also doubled up as a conditioner and made my hair super silky smooth! It’s pretty inexpensive as well at £7.99 a tub and the tub lasted me for ages!


There’s a tip out there that says you should get your hair cut every so often or your hair won’t grow, and I can say that I haven’t had my hair cut in like a year and a half, and it’s done my hair just fine. I think just as long as you look after your hair, then it’ll grow. Plus it’ll save money at for haircuts!

Before and after pictures, around 2 years in between photos!


Thanks for reading, and if you have any more tips for growing your hair, or even keeping it in good condition, I’d love to hear them!

Thanks, 

S x



1 comment: